About the project
The project is aimed at promoting development of rural areas through the efforts of local communities.
Areas of focus
support to local initiatives aimed at sustainable use of natural resources and sustainable area development, including facilitation of development and introduction of economically viable small business models in agriculture, environmental (sustainable) tourism and other related fields;
assistance to processes of self-management in rural communities and development of territorial public self-government;
consideration and application of the European experience of the LEADER program in rural areas with the purpose of building partnership networks and elaboration of coordinated strategies for the rural micro-territory development.
- Priluzye and Ust-Kulom districts of the Komi Republic
- Plesetsk and Kargopol districts of Arkhangelsk Region
- Murmansk Region
Financial and expert support of rural initiatives (a grants competition and expert supervision of business projects).
Training, experience exchange, internships.
Support of the local residents’ interest in development of their areas.
Partnering organizations and project coordinators
Association for Nature Conservation Machaon International, Slovakia (Svetlana Belova, executive director)
Agency for Rural Development Initiatives (ARDI), Russia (Svetlana Kopylova, director; Ivanna Lebedeva, expert)
- Club for Kenozero National Park Friends, Russia (Александра Вячеславовна Aleksandra Yakovleva, Kenozero National Park, Head of Development)
- Kola Center for Wildlife Protection, Russia (Olga Petrova, forest and biodiversity conservation program manager)
- Silver Taiga Sustainable Development Foundation, Russia (Valentina Semyashkina, community coordinator)
- Documents (Provision on the grants competition, etc.)
- Contact details