Komi Regional Non-Profit Foundation "Silver Taiga" was founded in 2002
on the basis of the WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature). The Foundation is implementing Komi Model Forest, Forest Village and High Conservation Value Forests Projects, Komi Republic,
- Activists of the District Propose Temporary Access Restriction to Udora Wildlife Reserve to Conserve Mezen Salmon
The Public Environmental Council
at Udora District Administration is planning to address Head of the Komi Republic
Sergey Gaplikov with a proposal to impose temporary restriction of access to the
complex wildlife reserve.
- The Mezen is a Binding Thread
That was the name of the environmental
and regional study round table meeting arranged at the central library of Mezen
at one of the weekends in March. The meeting arranged through joint efforts of the
Silver Taiga Foundation and the Mezen municipal library system was part of the
Model River Mezen; it united people committed to preservation of the resources
of our river and revival of economic and cultural contacts of near-Mezen
districts in Komi and Arkhangelsk region, which used to be maintained for
- Silver Taiga’s Owls Will “Fly Over” Syktyvdin District in April
Silver Taiga’s members have gathered
a unique collection of souvenir owls made of various materials – wood, bark,
bone, clay, glass, beads, wool, and even hay.
- Silver Taiga Helped Youth Organization Etas and National Park from Arkhangelsk Region to Master GIS Technologies
- Last week, a two-day seminar Potential of Forest Resources and Management Data Obtaining Through Earth Remote Sensing trained volunteers of the youth public organization. The event was supported by the World Wildlife Fund and arranged in the NGO’s office in Arkhangelsk. Employees of the Onezhskoye Pomorye National Park also studied the GIS technology basics alongside with volunteers.
- How to Preserve and Enhance the Potential of Our Villages
On 23 March, 2017, the village
of Yortom hosted the Developing Rural
Tourism – Developing Rural Areas workshop for rural tourism facilitators and
owners of guesthouses.